Home » Practice Areas » Family » Guardianships



What do you do if you need assistance getting custody of a non-biological child?


A Guardianship May Be Your Answer.

Some children who are victims of abuse and neglect, by their parents, are fortunate enough to have family members, foster parents, or family friends who will assume responsibility for their care.  At KLA, Inc., we are dedicated to helping families protect children of other family members who are in these types of situations.  We represent grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, foster care providers and other caregivers who seek the guardianship of minors.    


The legal process can be tense and emotional for the children involved, the natural parents, as well as the parties seeking guardianship. We promise to take a compassionate and no-nonsense approach that assures all involved that we are thinking of the child first.